Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hokey Pokey

For everyone that was worried about my emotional state following my attempt last weekend to meet up with the Hokie group to watch football, I'm happy to report that attempt #2 was a success!

As I cautiously drove around the blocks near Corner Pub-Midtown, I noticed a car with a VT magnet parking in the Cathedral parking lot behind the bar.  I immediately parked near them and then met Bill & Linda.  I asked them if it was okay to park there and they said "We think so!"  I wasn't totally convinced, but then Linda told me that they had visited church there once before so it was okay.  Welllllllll....I guess I can go along with that.  At least I had a story to tell the tow-company through my tears should I need it.

I met some great people - I should have known I needed some Hokies in my world to start making some real friends!

The other real success comes in the form of the fact that the Chicken Fingers were DELICIOUS, (Chicken Fingers + College Football = Me.)  and I'm now a firm follower of Sweet Water.  I had heard about this "brew" before but now being 4 hours from Atlanta, it is in abundant supply here.  My current favorite is Sweet Water Blue (Allison Ox would go bananas over this stuff!)  If you're reading this, try this stuff immediately!



That's all from me, y'all!

1 comment: