Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bookworm Wannabee

Today was a special day for the life of any "new resident."  I got a library card. 

I love to read.  Lotssssssssss.  I was excited to see that I work only 1 mile away from the Green Hills library branch, however I barely believed I was at the library when I pulled up to this:
That's right, I'm in the South.  We apparently have architectural competitions for everything - including libraries.

This library is the bomb.  Lots of books that seem to always be in stock, books on tape (to help with the 10-hour drives to Richmond) and...MOVIES.  You don't understand.  Richmond City library barely has ANY movies.  I know exactly where I'm going should I not feel well or get injured....

I went back and forth picking a book.  I'm going to be flying this weekend and will more than likely get stuck all weekend in the Atlanta airport while flying Delta, so I originally was looking for something "fluffy" with a cover that had pastels (I judge books by their covers) but ultimately decided on South of Broad by Pat Conroy which takes places in beautiful Charleston.  Evidently I'd like to torture myself since the inside cover (yep, also read those) that has phrases like, "family struggles with shattering effects," "lonely and isolated" and "a prison-escapee father."  Weeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment