Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Take me out to the Ballgame

So, I've been to more baseball games in the last month than I've been to in the last 10 years.

I great up going to Richmond Braves games down at "The Diamond" in downtown Richmond.  A farm team for the Atlanta Braves, it's one of my favorite childhood memories.  You just can't beat soft serve in those little plastic helmets (Don't get me started on the replacement of dippin' dots...)

Nashville has a minor league team called....The Nashville Sounds.  What is it about minor league team names? I have to admit the Sounds is a better name than say, The Flying Squirrels, but still.  I've been to two Sounds games so far and had a blast both times.  Thursday night is "Thirsty Thursday" which I've learned is basically a frat party at a baseball game, but as long as I sit far enough away from those yahoos, it's pretty fun to watch.

I also went to an actual Major League game this past month, the Atlanta Braves.  It's quite different, I won't lie.

Either way, I love having access to America's best past-time and hope to make it to some more Sounds games this summer.  Hopefully one with Fireworks ;)
Guitar shaped score board. SO Nashville.

Great view on Thirsty Thursday

Friends @ the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment