Sunday, June 3, 2012

How to 1/8 a Recipe

Something I've always enjoyed is cooking. (Well, post-College that is, believe me, I didn't know how to make Kraft Macaroni and Cheese until I was 22)  Cooking is a great stress reliever for me.

I loved cooking back on Davis with my roomies in Richmond, but lately all of the recipes I've wanted to make are for 8 servings.  8???  How do I whittle that down in half, and then in half again?  It's not easy, and right now my freezer is OVERFLOWING with individual size portions of different meals I've made since living on my own again.

I am trying to get back on the cooking bandwagon, though.  This past week & weekend I spent a lot of time in the kitchen.  I used my cast iron skillet for the first time and made Turkey burgers.  I learned a little bit of a lesson in that I needed cooking spray, but they turned out pretty great anyways!
6 Turkey Burgers for 1 

On the weekend I love to make breakfast instead of my normal daily breakfast of either cereal or oatmeal, so this weekend I made a breakfast banana casserole.  It's just the right amount of food and gives me a special breakfast to enjoy for 3 more days.
Love making this Banana Casserole!

Enjoying a bite post-5 mile run (I promise I don't look like this normally)

I also made lasagna from scratch.  It was good, but I'll be honest.  I have a lasagna recipe from Real Simple that I've been making for years.  It's 5 ingredients, takes no time to put together and tastes better than all the work put into a REAL lasagna.  Good thing this tasted so good since it made enough to feed a high school basketball team.
LOTS of prep work goes into making Lasagna

Leftovers to last me who knows how long!
I can't believe it's JUNE, but I'm so excited for Summer in Nashville.  I've got lots of super fun things planned for the next few months and can't wait to share the stories!  First up is a trip to Atlanta to visit one of my best friends from Richmond.  Atlanta is a quick 4 hour drive and I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment