Tuesday, July 3, 2012

There isn't much I won't do for Edward Cullen

During the month of June, every Wednesday night, there was a free outdoor movie shown @ Percy Warner Park - this is called (go figure) Movies in the Park.  Most of the Nashville Food Trucks show up every week to feed you and the movie starts at Sundown.

I first read about this in one of the Nashville blogs I follow.  This sounded like a pretty fun thing to do so I checked more into it.  Then things got real.  Week 3 they were showing Breaking Dawn - Part 1.  Uh, duh.  I'll be there.

I recruited a work-friend to go see this with me & she brought along some friends as well.  No one had been before, so we showed up around 6pm worried that we might be facing a park full of teeny boppers who are on summer vacation.  Sure, there were teeny boppers, but I was more irritated with most of their moms who were treating this like a sorority social.  I put my blanket down as far away from most of them as possible.

Everyone starting to set up camp

I've been wanting to try The Grilled Cheeserie Food truck since I moved here and I was super pumped to see them there.  Pumped to see them there...a little disappointed with the outcome.  Let's just say, it's no grilled cheese from Shockoe Espresso.  I also finally got to try out The Cupcake Collection.  Cupcake stores are all the rage here right now and their food truck is an old school bus.  Let's just say the Sweet Potato cupcake is borderline life changing.


Now, given that I've seen BD-P1 multiple times already there were no disappointments there.  It's literally a gigantic blow up movie screen and sure enough, the movie started right around sundown.  I will say the length of the movie combined with sitting on the hard ground created a bit of a situation by the end of the movie.  Next time, I'll bring a chair in addition to the blanket.  A chair to sit in, a blanket to wrap up in - it gets COLD when that sun goes away!
I told you: LITERALLY a giant blow-up screen


Not too shabby of a view

I'm bummed this is only a one-month thing and wish I had caught on a little sooner to have seen some of the other movies, however, now that it's over 100 degrees every day, I think I'm fine with putting a blanket on the floor of my air conditioned apartment and making my own grilled cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment