Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kicking a ball can't be that hard...right?

When I first decided to move somewhere that I didn't know a soul, I promised myself I would give every opportunity a try.  No matter what.  So.....I'm now on a co-ed kickball team. (Somewhere my mom just fell off her chair laughing.)

At my previous work place if someone had asked me to be on the kickball team, I would have rolled my eyes, laughed under my breath and said, "Um, absolutely not."  [Something important to keep in mind here is that I was NEVER asked to be on the kickball team.  It was this ridiculous secret society and I think you had to actually give a vile of your blood to be asked onto the team.  No thanks.]

But Nashville Natalie can't say no when someone asks her to do something that involves co-eds, fun, drinking and just general having something "to do."

Look for me in about a month - I'll be the one on crutches with a hot pink cast on my arm (or leg, or ankle, you pick).
The last time I did something "sporty" I fell off a swing-set and ended up in this wheelchair.
(c. 1989)

Too bad they don't have grown-up Pom squads
(c. 2001)

3 comments:

  1. Good post, Nat. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know my thoughts on the dangers of kickball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, I contemplated including the picture of your ankle as a second reference point.

    ReplyDelete