Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weather Woes

One thing I didn't realize when I moved to Nashville was how difficult it was going to be to bond with my local news anchors.  I still don't have "that feeling" that you get when you know you're watching the local news team that is going to be MY local news team.  Because of this, I'm constantly flipping back and forth between stations in the mornings so last Thursday I must have missed the note that we were expecting more snow.

Couple of things:
1. I love snow.  I love coats, thick socks, hats and the smell of snow, so nothing excites me more when I hear a tempting forecast.
2. This isn't what I consider snow:
When I left work last Thursday, this is what was on my car.  Nashville closed schools at Noon.

I will say it was nice to see the little bit of snow falling out of my window throughout the day, and the way Tennessee drivers are on a normal day scare me enough to know I don't want to see them in bad weather.

The worst thing I ran into was that I was (literally) out of gas, so on my way home, I had to get gas in the snow.  Remember when I said I missed the weather that morning?  Well I didn't have gloves and my hands were frozen stiff.  It was times like that I wish my dad was close-by because he surely would have gone to get gas for me...then again, I wouldn't have wanted to see his face when he saw how low my gas tank was.  I can hear the words "you should know better" reverberating in my head right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment